Thursday, July 29, 2010

Button Button whos got the Button

Doesn't this card just make you happy looking at it? I started with a prefolded Orange card too a scrap of colorful paper left over from a scrapbook page. took a scrap of yellow paper that i cut about 1½ inch larger the colorful scrap. took my Fiskars loopy border punch and punched a border on both sides of the yellow paper. I glued the colorful paper on top of the yellow then I picked 5 coordinating buttons and attached them with different color craft thread. I stamped happy birthday on a tag and attached. I used a stamp to create the cup cake and after i colored it in I applied Marvy puffy paint as the frosting and heated to make it look like real frosting. I used a popup to mount the cupcake on a square of paper in a contrasting color and then used another square of a different color as a mat. For the inside i used a simple Sizzlit Happy Birthday cut and a Sizzlit balloon die. I cut the Ballons out of scraps of matching paper and then glued to a piece of chipboard i cut from the same die. I applied some "InKissentials" Glossy accents to the balloons and let it dry. 15 minutes start to finish and I used scraps and some of those hundreds of buttons (the ones i kept buying because I thought they were cute but never used) to make this great birthday card.

Tip of the Day 4; If you have some paper or embellishments you bought because you liked them but you just don't see you using them on a scrapbook page make card with it. We loved it when we bought it so that special scrapbooking friend will love receiving a card with it on it. Stop hording those embellishments. Challange your self to use something you have been saving. Don't for get to read the other Tips for the day!!! .

Happy card making and God bless you all Roxie

No comments:

Post a Comment